Du 9 novembre 2007 au 13 novembre 2008, Christoph Rehage, un allemand de 27 ans, a parcouru, à pied, 4646 km en Chine de Beijing à Ürümqi. Il a pris des photos, à la manière de Noah et de
Time of my life, tout au long de son voyage et en a fait une vidéo qui nous montre sa métamorphose.
The Longest Way
November 9th 2007 - November 13th 2008
one year on foot - 4646km through China
unlimited beard & hair growth
musical score by the kingpins (www.thekingpins.com) and zhu fengbo
- I never finished my original goal of walking to Germany. Instead, I walked for a year and roughly 4500km, passed the desert of Gobi, and then decided to stop walking for now.
- All of the distance from Beijing to Ürümqi has been completed solely on foot, straight good old walking. There are instances where you can see me in the video sitting on a plane or riding a boat, but those are during breaks I had to take from walking, either to sort out bureaucracy issues or to take care of some personal things.
- I had been planning this trip for over a year before I even started, and getting as far as I got was an experience for which I am very grateful.
- Obtaining the necessary visa for a trip like this was not very easy, hence I had to go back to Beijing a few times to resolve some issues.
- The songs I used in the video are 1) Zhu Fengbo - "Olive Tree" and 2) The Kingpins - "L'aventurier" - visit the Kingpins website if you want to know more, they are very cool I think.
- This is not a strict "1 pic a day" video, because I wanted to make it a bit more alive by adding some additional movement. Sometimes during the film you would follow me turn around, or something would happen in the background. I tried to capture these moments to make the video more interesting.
- The core of this project is in fact my website "www.thelongestway.com" where I have posted my extensive travel diary, starting from day 1 (Nov 9th 2007) and describing every single day until the end one year later.